Please take special note of the essential terminology and prerequisites before integrating Lead Liaison with Salesforce.com.
Step 1: Know the Basics
- Lead Liaison syncs with the Account, Opportunity, Lead and Contact objects in full duplex mode every 5 minutes.
- Terminology: People in Salesforce.com can be a Lead or a Contact; however, in Lead Liaison everyone is a Prospect.
- Duplicates: It's important to understand Lead Liaison does not allow duplicates; however, Salesforce.com does. Lead Liaison uses a person's email address as the unique identifier. No two Prospects will have the same email address. Make sure you have a proper de-duplication strategy to carefully manage duplicate records in Salesforce.com. Fortunately, Lead Liaison provides some duplicate management tools to alert and automatically de-dupe records when duplicate Leads/Contacts are created in Salesforce.com.
Step 2: Do the Prerequisites
Complete Steps 1 and 2 in this guide for SFDC Professional or greater Editions and this guide for Group Edition. In these steps you'll add your SFDC master sync account credentials into Lead Liaison and install Lead Liaison's Salesforce.com plug-in from the AppExchange. The password for the AppExchange plug-in is "revenue1234".
- Grant Lead Liaison support access to your SFDC instance using these directions.
- Get your CRM system ready and have as many of your Salesforce.com custom fields in place as you possibly can.
- Provide your Lead Liaison representative with a list of custom fields you want to map to Lead Liaison. If you plan to use these fields as criteria for segmentation, nurturing, lead distribution, targeting, etc. then provide the name and data type (boolean, picklist multi-select, etc) of the field.
- Decide if you want to limit what syncs from Salesforce.com to Lead Liaison. Filter criteria can be setup for Salesforce.com Leads, Contacts and Accounts. For example, it may be necessary to only sync Salesforce.com Leads and Contacts that were created within the past three (3) years and/or using a specific standard/custom field value, such as "Synch to LL" equal to "Yes". This method helps limit contacts and improve quality contacts in your Lead Liaison instance.
- Decide if you want to sync only select users. Lead Liaison can sync only Salesforce Users with select Salesforce User Profiles.
- Decide if you want to sync Salesforce.com opportunities. See Opportunity syncing here.
- Decide if you want to turn the "Link to most recent SFDC record (duplicate emails)" and "Link to first SFDC Contact record identified (duplicate emails)" settings on or not. Read more about this setting here. Tell your Lead Liaison representative about your choice.
Step 3: Be Informed
- New Lead Liaison User's will automatically get created on import when the two systems sync together. This ensures the Lead/Contact Owner in Salesforce.com is equivalent to the Prospect Owner in Lead Liaison. If you'd like to manually create Lead Liaison Users please discuss this with your Lead Liaison representative.
- Familiarize yourself with the material under the Installation Guides section. Note, your Lead Liaison contact will likely do the integration of Lead Liaison and Salesforce.com for you; however, make sure you're familiar with the process so you have a solid understanding of what's going on.
- Make sure to understand the Operational Specifics of the integration.
- Understand how a Lead Liaison Prospect connects to a Salesforce.com Lead or Contact.
- Understand how Lead Liaison and Salesforce.com sync together.