Duplicate Management Settings
Duplicate Management settings are located here.
De-duping is the process of automatically merging duplicate leads or contacts in your CRM. De-duplication looks for multiple leads or contacts that share the same email address. Lead Liaison's de-duplication process is below.
- First, we retrieve all Salesforce.com lead and contact fields mapped to Lead Liaison's Email field, which is the Salesforce.com Email field by default.
- Then, we get a list of Salesforce.com Records (Leads and Contacts) with duplicate emails. For example, the system might return: firstname.lastname@example.org [3 leads and 4 contacts] email@example.com [4 leads] firstname.lastname@example.org [5 contacts]
- We build a list of all Salesforce.com leads and contacts with duplicate emails.
- We select the Salesforce.com record to merge, known as the "Primary Record", according to the following rules, from top to bottom:
- If it is a Salesforce.com contact and synced to a Lead Liaison record.
- If it is a Salesforce.com lead and synced to a Lead Liaison record.
- If the contact has the latest create date.
- If the lead has the latest create date.
- We then collect all Tasks and Activity history records assigned to the duplicate Salesforce.com contacts and leads.
- We assign these Tasks and Activity history records to the Primary Record
- We remove the sync linked to the duplicate Salesforce.com records.
- Finally, we delete the duplicate Salesforce.com leads and contacts.