The Prospect Profile is your main source of information for individual prospects. From the profile, you can see all data collected on the prospect, a timeline of their engagements, and directly engage with the prospect through letters, postcards, and automations.
Using the Prospect Profile
You can access the Prospect Profile from almost anywhere in the platform. Whether in visitor tracking, lists, automations, click on their name to open their profile.
In the overview, you will see the prospects name, score, grade, priority, owner, and location. Click on any of these fields to update them.
If the system has identified the prospect's social media profiles, the overview will also include their social profile picture.
The Details info card on the left of the screen shows a preview of the data on the prospect. Click on any of the fields to update them.
If you would like to see all of the prospect's details, click on the gear in the top-right corner of the info card. A new window will open with every standard and custom prospect field. Click the stars next to the field to add or remove them from the info card.
When users add or remove fields from their info cards, it only affects their account. This means you can add or remove fields so you only see data relevant to you without affecting other users.
Use the drop-down menu at the top of the details window to sort fields.
- All – view all fields
- General – view standard and custom prospect fields
- Activity – view activity fields such as Last Email Open Date
- Social – view fields collected from social appends
If you would like to rearrange your fields, click and drag the field.
Changing the order of the fields in the details window will change their order on the info card as well.
Finally, you can click on the "i" icon next to a field to see when it was last updated and what updated it.
The action bar is located directly below the Prospect Overview. From here, you can quickly engage your prospect without having to move to other parts of the platform. Some options may not appear depending on your product license and security profile.
The action bar shows a small number in the corner of Tags, Automate, and Lists indicating the number of Tags, Automations, and Lists the Prospect is part of. In the screenshot below the Prospect is included in four Automations and part of two Lists.
Send a handwritten letter to your prospect for a personal touch. Clicking this option will open our handwritten-letter builder. Once you create the content and select your settings, we will write the letter by hand and mail it on your behalf (we have good handwriting). Learn more about handwritten letters here.
Send a postcard to your prospect to thank them for their business, with them a happy birthday, or to send special offers. Select a postcard template to mail to the prospect.
To create a new postcard template, navigate to Content > Postcards. Learn more about postcards here.
View, add, or remove tags for the prospect. Click the blank space to add a new tag, and click the "x" to the right of a tag to remove it.
Manually add or remove the prospect from an automation. To add a new automation, click the (+) button and select the automation from the drop-down menu. To remove the prospect from an automation, click the (-) button. Once you are finished, click Save.
This is a great way to add a prospect to sales nurture campaigns. For example, you might realize that a prospect is a good fit but isn't qualified yet. You could add them to a nurture campaign from here to keep in touch via automation while you concentrate on more qualified prospects.
You can also suspend or remove a prospect in an automation's workflow from this tab.
- Suspend – suspend the prospect on the current step of the workflow
- Resume – resume the workflow for the prospect starting with the next workflow step
- Completed – automation is complete
Manually add or remove the prospect from a list. To add a new list, click the (+) button and select the list from the drop-down menu. To remove the prospect from a list, click the (-) button. Once you are finished, click Save.
The action menu is located directly to the right of the Prospect Overview. From here, you can take additional actions.
- Campaign – add or remove the prospect from campaigns
- Program – add or remove the prospect from programs
- Delete – delete the prospect or send them to the recycle bin
- Events – view GoToWebinar events the prospect has participated in
- Share – share the prospect profile with other users
- Suppress Buy Signals – stop receiving buy signal alerts from this prospect or their domain
- Tags – view, add, and remove tags
- Sync with CRM – sync to Salesforce.com or Microsoft Dynamics
- Send Letter – send a handwritten letter
- Send Postcard – send a postcard
The Timelines show all engagements and actions for a prospect. This includes outbound activities like an email sent to the prospect, inbound activities like a website visit, and automation activities. Click on an activity to get more information like form submission results, watched video heat maps, and automation steps.
You can view different Timelines with a variety of options. To change timelines, use the drop-down menu in the top-right corner of the Timelines panel.
The Prospect Profile supports the following Timelines:
- Life of Prospect – all activities associated with the Prospect
- Inbound Activity – actions by the Prospect bringing them to your content, such as web page visits, email links clicked, and form submissions
- Outbound Activity – outbound marketing sent to the Prospect
- Activities – tasks completed or scheduled in OneFocus™
- Notes – Prospect notes added to OneFocus™
- Score – activities that changed the Prospect's Lead Score
- Grade – activities that changed the Prospect's Grade
- Automations – automations the Prospect is added to/taken out of
- Audit – individual automation steps applied to the Prospect
- Campaign – campaigns the Prospect is added to/taken out of
- Programs – programs the Prospect is added to/taken out of