Changing Databases on Staging (Test) Server
The Staging/Test database is located on the Staging Server.
By default the web application on the Staging Server uses the live database. Occasionally, it's necessary to switch to a staging/test database.Similarly, it might also be necessary to switch from a staging/test database to the production/live database.
To change the database accessed by the web application on the Staging Server follow these steps:
- Access the web-based sync scripts by going to http://repository.leadliaison.com/. You'll need your Subversion (SVN) credentials to access the site.
- Select the 'leadliaison/' folder.
- Select the '02-change-connection-strings-leadliaison.php' script.
- Hit the appropriate button:
- 'CHANGE_to_STAGING_IP' will switch the web application on the Staging Server to use the staging/test database.
- 'CHANGE_to_PRODUCTION_IP' will switch the web application on the Staging Server to use the production/live database.