To create a Layout Template do the following:
- Go to Settings Marketing > Templates.
- Alternatively, go to Administration > Layout Templates
- Layout Templates
- Click the Add Layout Template tab button
- Enter a Layout Name. The Layout Name is an internal name for the Layout Template.
- Use the code editor to add your Layout Template code.
- Alternatively, pull in code from one of your existing web pages. Lead Liaison will automagically convert all relative URLs to absolute URLs for you. Click the Import gear and select the Import layout from URL link option and enter in the URL of a web page you'd like to incorporate into your template. Once the code is pulled in you can freely customize it to your liking.
Make sure to include the %%content%% placeholder. Your landing page or web form will be inserted in place of this value in your Layout Template.
You can view the default system Style Sheet here: https://app.leadliaison.com/CSS/magic-form.css. To remove all styling from your Layout Template uncheck the box as shown in the screenshot below. Note, unchecking the box will remove all styling on the %%content%%. For example, when a webform is inserted into the %%content%% placeholder all default system styling on the web form will be removed.
Here's an example of a web form that was inserted into the %%content%% placeholder with the default system styling removed.
To manage your Layout Templates do the following:
- Click Settings Marketing > Layout Templates
- Under the Actions column click the gear to see a list of options:
- Edit = Edit your Layout Template. All landing pages and web forms using this Layout Template will be updated with your changes once the Layout Template is saved.
- Preview = Opens a new browser tab and displays a preview of your Layout Template. This gives you an idea of how the template will look on the web and when used with your landing pages and/or web forms.
- Set as Default = Sets the Layout Template as the default system template. When creating a web form or HTML landing page the default template will be used.
- Delete = Deletes the Layout Template.